I seldom blog from my Android phone, simply because the WordPress app is not good enough. Well, to be more exact, it is good enough for casual blogging and quick updating, but for managing a full fledge blog, it still can’t meet the standard.
A recent update to the WordPress for Android (version 1.3.8) app adds a new “set post status” feature. You will now be able to set “Draft:, “Pending Review”, “Private” or “Publish” from the app itself. While this is just another “should have been there long ago” feature, it is better late than never.
Other bug fixes include:
- Fixed crash when adding media on Dell Streak
- Fixed crash when attempting to add a self-hosted site with an invalid blog URL
- Fixed local db problem when upgrading from a 1.0.x or 1.1.x version
- Updated Polish translation strings
- Fixed crash when trying to add a second blog from a WordPress.com account or WordPress multi-user install
- Fixed no-name blogs from showing as blank in the multi-user blog selection screen
- Comments Loading progress bar no longer hangs
Version 1.3.8: Post Status & Bug Fixes [WordPress for Android]